The one thing that I can't get used to here is the loneliness. I am not saying I am lonely all the time. But I have just moved from the United States where all my family and friends are. All the friends I have had my whole life. My best friends. People who know me inside and out. And now I am here and I don't have a full time job so I am home alot more. And alone a lot more. This is something I am not used to. I know alot of people but I only have made a few close friends here. I am lucky for those friends. Kate imparticular. She has made my Sundays fun. We hang out every Sunday and just have fun.
I find that when Jason is at work and I have so much free time I am home alone most of that time. I find myself watching tv and talking to the tv. I guess if you spend enough time alone you will find a way to entertain yourself.
The other thing is immediately after I moved some of my friends just stopped talking to me. I guess out of sight out of mind applies. Maybe they think I have moved so far away that we can't be friends anymore. And that hurts alot. I feel like I am in between both places. Like I don't belong anywhere yet. I feel like I don't belong here yet and I feel like I don't belong in the states either. It is a weird feeling and hard to describe. I am starting to feel like this is starting to be my home. But it is just taking awhile to adjust.
I am sure that this loneliness will pass. But for right now it is hard and I am not used to it. I not used to not having my family around. I miss hugging my mom..or just going out and hanging out with my friends.
If it wasn't for Kate especially...and Jamie, Patty, and David and Tracy I don't know what I would do. But for right now at this moment as I write this I am feeling a little lonely..sorry to be such a downer in this blog..the next one will be better I promise
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

*hugs* Oh, sweetheart....I feel ya. Everyone that's moved here has felt that way, I'm sure.
ReplyDeleteBut you know where to find me if you need a vent/chat!!! Remember that. xxx
I hae read your blog and I do know how you feel. I moved here 15 years ago but only a few hundred miles away not from another country.
ReplyDeleteI actually still feel alone at times I spent so much time at work that I never had time for friends. Now I'm not working I have even less contact. If I was you don't live your life by work alone make time for things that matter. Hope you make lots of new friends here in Brixham