One of the things that has been a little hard to get used to is the food over here. The vegetables are a little different. Oh they still have carrotts, broccoli, and cauliflower, and potatoes. (I have never eaten so many potatoes as I have over here. But there are new vegetables. Swede, Parsnips, and Turnips. And of course there are brussell sprouts which seem to be the countries favorite vegetable....These vegetables aren't bad except brussell sprouts. But the problem is everytime you get them they have had the hell boiled out of them. They are very unflavorful. I have been trying to learn new ways to prepare these so they have some taste.
There are pies which are usually steak and ale, or steak and kidney (real kidneys not kidney beans) these pies are called Pasties. They are big into roast dinners and most British families have a full roast dinner on Sundays. There are other things I haven't tried and it is merely for the fact of what is in it. Black Pudding is a sausage full of blood and other bits...there are some other foods but I don't want to put you off your meal if you are eating...Most of the food you get in Restaraunts here is very bland with no seasoning. I find that American food is very rich and it is probably all the preservatives that make it taste so good. But the one good side of the way they cook the food and don't fill them with preservatives is that it is healthier and when you go out to eat the food you get is often homecooked. It will take getting use to. But I don't think I will ever stop craving cheesesteaks, decent pizza, and chicken nachos from champps...I have to stop talking about the food I miss now because I am making myself hungry :o)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment