Wednesday, 13 January 2010

My new life in the UK

My Husband Jason and I were married in August of 2009. I got my visa and came over to Brixham to live with him in September. After 6 years my dreams finally came true. I was finally allowed to be with the man I love. I was so excited about not having a deadline of when I had to leave him to go back to the US. The stress that we had been through over the years of seeing each other every few months and substaining ourselves in the interim with emails and phone calls was finally over. And I thought everything was going to be alright. I knew there would be some homesickness it would only be natural. But I wasn't prepared for the stress I put on myself to be the perfect wife. I came over and immediately started applying for jobs with no luck. And then as time went on with no job the homesickness set in and I started feeling so lonely. My husband had to put up with me and teary weepy days. But he was wonderful and listened to me and comforted me. One of the things that helped me was my friendship with Patty and Ian, Jamie and Alan, and Kate. I wouldn't have been able to get through this without them. Patty and Ian came to our first Thanksgiving celebration here in the UK. Jamie and Alan would have been here but she got sick and was in hospital. (We missed her so). Kate and I have our regular Sunday's where we hang out and play Wii Fit and just hang out. All of these people plus the love and encouragement from my family is what has helped me adjust. And my friends who have supported me in this. So I am ready now to tell my story and to live my life and start my new life here in a new country. Getting used to customs and the way of life...

1 comment:

  1. You've been a great support as well, my dear. :) I'm glad we all have each other, because I don't know what I would do without ya!!!

    Looking forward to reading your updates and being a part of your life.

    Love you, Jo Jo Bean!

    ReplyDelete